Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to Andrew Bird, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted September 20, 2018
Operations Manager/Sr Manager (Variable Claims/Claims Service)
Under limited direction, provides management support for Claims staff within Enterprise Operations. Accountable for the performance and results of assigned team: including, customer satisfaction, production, quality, control environment, employee development, and goals. Collaborate with cross-functional department leaders and other business partners to achieve goals. **Securities licensing is generally required for those directly involved with activities related to Variable products, Broker Dealers, and Registered Representatives.**
- Manage a Variable Claims team through both direct and indirect reporting relationships: conduct hiring, training, development and overall performance management.
- Manage team work load and priorities to ensure service and quality standards are met, assist team members with difficult and complex work issues, and escalate unusual and/or high risk situations to director as appropriate. Adapt departmental plans and priorities, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain successful customer relationships through team(s) and personal interactions by: effectively representing assigned area, proactively seeking customer input/feedback, assessing customer needs, and communicating operational needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business partners/leaders to create open channels of communication, and stay current and aligned with department wide initiatives, priorities, and goals.
- Represent area of responsibility in department wide initiatives and special projects. Assist director in the development and implementation of short- and long-term objectives for assigned area.
- Manage end to end claims process and controls.
- 2-3 years experience required in variable annuities with proven successful customer service management.
- 4-7 years preferred experience in life, annuity, LTC claims, and controls with proven successful customer service management.
- Two-year degree required in business/related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams, manage performance, and drive results aligned with strategic priorities/plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present recommendations.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, and influence change to drive improved business results.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
**If Securities licensing is required as outlined above, the deadline to obtain is 90 days from the date Variable-related activities commence.
Posted September 11, 2018
Annuity Claims Processor - (1800446) US-OH-Fairfield
Click Here to Apply
The Cincinnati Life Insurance Company Life Claims department is currently seeking an experienced annuity claims processor to analyze and process deferred annuity claims. The position requires professional communication with beneficiaries, agents and other customers while providing fair adjudication of claims and acting as a resource to others.
Starting Pay:$40,000 - $45,000; depending on knowledge and skill
- interpret and apply annuity contract language to determine liability and/or fraud potential
- distribute annuity funds according to contract terms and beneficiary selection of 5 year deferral, settlement options, 1035exchanges, transfer of assets or lump sum payouts
- answer telephone inquiries regarding new, pending and settled claims
- approve claims accurately, promptly, and within scope of authority.
- verify data in policy administration system and calculate benefit amount to ensure accurate claim payment and financial reporting
- act as an expert for questions regarding qualified and non-qualified annuities, including settlement options and transfer of assets
- create and maintain departmental annuity procedures
- comply with all regulations and state fair claims practices
- minimum three years’ experience life and annuity claim processing
- knowledge of basic annuity contract language
- familiarity with tax laws related to annuities
- strong analytical and math skills
- ability to work well independently and in teams
- proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- strong attention to detail
- excellent customer service skills
- knowledge of LifePro administration system preferred
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Associate degree or equivalent life/annuity or tax-related experience
- progress toward FLMI, FLHC or other industry designation preferred
The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation’s top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on net written premiums, and has earned an A+ rating from A.M. Best. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company’s core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation. Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer. Best’s ratings are under continuous review and subject to change and/or affirmation. To confirm the current rating, please visit www.ambest.com.
Posted July 26, 2018
Life Claims Supervisor-Gerber Life Insurance Company
Gerber Life Insurance is the world’s leading juvenile life insurer; an operating unit of Nestle. Gerber Life has initiated a multi-year business and legacy technology transformation program to minimize manual and batch-centric system processing by enabling enterprise-wide high-availability and real-time life insurance transaction processing. A new modernized life insurance policy management platform will be developed with internal and external resources and will include new business, claims, policy servicing & billing and collections capabilities. A core team of infrastructure engineers are needed to install a new physical infrastructure architecture that can support Gerber Life’s new business strategy. Infrastructure for all existing systems will continue to be supported by this team as well.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for ensuring adequate coverage to handle life claim adjudication, from evaluation to final action, utilizing full time associates, temporary employees and a third party administrator, if applicable.
Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing and motivating competent staff. Foster a wellness culture creating an environment of continuous process improvement. Drive and implement changes.
Responsible for department’s performance, production, quality and adherence to policies and procedures. Including developing reasonable expectancies and goal setting.
Ensure compliance with Life and Health Claim State Regulations. Facilitates State Department Claim Exams.
Communications and contacts are frequently with individuals representing other departments (including Legal, Compliance and Actuarial), and/or representing outside organizations (State INS Dept, Examiners, Attorneys). Contacts involve planning and preparation of communications requiring skills such as tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish identified objectives.
Provide management with timely, relevant and accurate reporting of activities and productions statistics.
Identify and implement internal control and process improvements. Perform documentation and testing procedures.
Evaluate claim information and decide appropriate course of action to properly assess, clarify, and appraise the claim in compliance with policy provisions, claim procedures, legal requirements and professional ethics.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
ALHC, FLHC or other relevant professional accreditation
7-10 plus years Life/Health Claims work experience at a high level
3-5 plus years Supervisory/Management experience
Advanced understanding of compliance with Life and Health State Regulations
Working knowledge of WORD and EXCEL(Pivot Table function)
Working knowledge of regulatory, state & federal compliance
Use and general understanding of internal or external audit processes
Individual Life Insurance background is preferred-Has completed additional training / educational courses toward the attainment of designations such as ALHC, FLHC
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.