Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to Kim Reed, Associate Director/Director of Meetings and Membership, at email@example.com.
Posted March 24, 2017
Job Title: Individual Life & Annuities Services Manager – Sentry Insurance
Sentry Insurance is seeking an experienced manager with outstanding communication and proven background in customer service and insurance policy administration to lead our Individual Life and Annuities support team in our Stevens Point, WI Home Office. You will oversee be responsible for developing and implementing procedural, compliance and service strategies to enhance staff production and customer experience.
What You'll Do
As the Policy Owner Services/Individual Life & Annuities Services Manager you'll have the opportunity to:
- Manage and provide technical direction to associates who provide multiple policy processing and support services to customers, underwriters, financial advisors, Account Managers and attorneys.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of life insurance and individual annuity products in order to participate in product development recommendations, improve systems and implement processes improvements to better support our customers.
- Coordinate cross training and career development of our associates to compliment workflow efficiencies.
- Monitor quality standards, productivity and call center phone service to ensure we are providing outstanding service and support to our customers.
- Work closely with Information Technology to provide procedural analysis of current workflows to ensure that procedures are achieving timely quality service standards and that systems needs are identified, clearly communicated, properly tested and implemented.
- Work with Universal Life customers to determine policy options, collaborating with other business partners when appropriate.
- Partner with Compliance to update and monitor state and federal regulations pertaining to individual life and annuity.
What it Takes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of individual life and individual annuity products preferred, but not required
- Analytical skills to identify, evaluate and develop procedures for problem resolution
- Effective supervisory and leadership experience or training beneficial
- 3 - 5 years of related policy service processing
- Proficiency with Microsoft office programs (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and various software applications
- LOMA ACS and ALMI or FLMI designation preferred
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You'll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You'll Want to Contact
Karen Houdek, Human Resources
The link to the posting: https://jobs.sentry.com/search/119182
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.